AT DOCUMENTARY-LOG.COM YOU CAN WATCH HUNDREDS OF THE MOST INTERESTING, POPULAR AND FULL-LENGTH DOCUMENTARIES.
NO REGISTRATION OR ANYTHING ELSE IS NEEDED! VISIT US EVERY DAY TO WATCH FREE ONLINE DOCUMENTARIES!
Documentary Updates by Email
Week's Popular Documentaries
- Documentary List 16 views
- The Truth Behind The Moon Landings 5 views
- Kymatica 2 views
- Future Shock: Technology in the Next 1... 2 views
- Little People of Flores 2 views
- 10 MPH 2 views
- Islands of Scotland – 1 of 6 ... 1 view
- The Michael Jackson Story 1 view
- The Many Faces of Lee Harvey Oswald 1 view
- How To Clone Animals 1 view
- Anthropology (24)
- Astronomy, Space (54)
- Biography (34)
- Biology, Environment (56)
- Business, Economy (20)
- Cosmology, Physics (54)
- Crime (14)
- Documentary News (9)
- Documentary Reviews (6)
- Documentary Trailers (13)
- Editor's Picks (15)
- From the Vault (8)
- Health (17)
- History (39)
- Lifestyle, Society (77)
- Mystery, Conspiracy (24)
- Nature (28)
- News (7)
- Politics (14)
- Psychology (33)
- Religion (21)
- Science, Technology (81)
- Sexuality (2)
- Future Shock: Technology in the Next 10 Years
- The Colour of Beauty
- How Smart Are Animals?
- Becoming 13
- Life in a Day
- TED Talk: Teenage-Women in Science
- TED: Jack Horner: Shape-Shifting Dinosaurs
- Cure for Love
- GANDHI’S CHILDREN
- NOVA: Life and Death in the War Zone
- NOVA: Secrets of the Parthenon
- BBC Unfinished
- A Class Divided by Jane Elliott
- The Perfect Vagina
Do you have good hair? Comedian Chris Rock takes viewers into the expensive $9 billion world of the black hair industry. He has revealed inspiration for the film arose when his daughter Lola (5-years old) asked him why she didn’t have good hair? This question got the wheels turning and so became the comedic documentary Good Hair.
During the film, Rock takes viewers all over the hair industry. From Beauty salons to barber shops. He even takes us to hair styling conventions and scientific laboratories, giving viewers an in-depth look into the science behind chemical relaxers that straighten hair.
Considering I have only dyed my hair once, shamefully the same colour it already was…head hangs in shame, I found this film to be extremely fascinating. As well I am a fan Rock and enjoyed his humour throughout the documentary. It features informative interviews with consumers, celebrities, hair industry business people and stylists. Celebrities showcased in the film are Ice-T, Eve, Salt-n-Pepa and Paul Mooney, to name a few.
Good Hair features the extreme lengths in which black women go in order to ensure they look a certain way. The film reveals how even during an economic downfall, black women were still willing to spend thousands on their hair.
What lengths are you will to go through to make sure you have good hair?
suggested by Chloe! thanks, Chloe