AT DOCUMENTARY-LOG.COM YOU CAN WATCH HUNDREDS OF THE MOST INTERESTING, POPULAR AND FULL-LENGTH DOCUMENTARIES.
NO REGISTRATION OR ANYTHING ELSE IS NEEDED! VISIT US EVERY DAY TO WATCH FREE ONLINE DOCUMENTARIES!
Documentary Updates by Email
Week's Popular Documentaries
- Documentary List 23 views
- The Truth Behind The Moon Landings 5 views
- Phage, The Virus That Cures 3 views
- 10 MPH 3 views
- Kymatica 2 views
- Future Shock: Technology in the Next 1... 2 views
- Little People of Flores 2 views
- The Thin Blue Line 2 views
- Terry Jones’ Medieval Lives: The... 2 views
- Cosmic Journeys – How Large is t... 2 views
- Anthropology (24)
- Astronomy, Space (54)
- Biography (34)
- Biology, Environment (56)
- Business, Economy (20)
- Cosmology, Physics (54)
- Crime (14)
- Documentary News (9)
- Documentary Reviews (6)
- Documentary Trailers (13)
- Editor's Picks (15)
- From the Vault (8)
- Health (17)
- History (39)
- Lifestyle, Society (77)
- Mystery, Conspiracy (24)
- Nature (28)
- News (7)
- Politics (14)
- Psychology (33)
- Religion (21)
- Science, Technology (81)
- Sexuality (2)
- Future Shock: Technology in the Next 10 Years
- The Colour of Beauty
- How Smart Are Animals?
- Becoming 13
- Life in a Day
- TED Talk: Teenage-Women in Science
- TED: Jack Horner: Shape-Shifting Dinosaurs
- Cure for Love
- GANDHI’S CHILDREN
- NOVA: Life and Death in the War Zone
- NOVA: Secrets of the Parthenon
- BBC Unfinished
- A Class Divided by Jane Elliott
- The Perfect Vagina
Plate Tectonics vs. Expanding Earth
This documentary attempts to explain the difference and the correlation between plate tectonics vs. expanding earth. The latter apparently challenges the theories of plate tectonics.
Simply put, plate tectonics supports the theory related to continental drift, which was formed in the early 20th century. This theory states the earth’s lithosphere, which is found way below the sea, is broken up in to different plates, which makes it pssible for continents to converge, collide or transform. We experience earthquake and volcanic activities as a result of these plates moving and crossing boundaries.
The expanding earth theory, on the other hand, holds that the volume of the earth is gradually increasing, and this is the reason why it’s causing all those movements and disturbances.
Betwent these two theories, scientists seem to have accepted plate tectonics more. But new evidences from those who continue to study the expanding earth theory seem to have once again spark the science community in a debate.
This documentary presents the two arguments and theories to help better understand the subject.
Plate tectonics / Pangea:Published on November 8, 2008 · Filed under: Science, Technology