AT DOCUMENTARY-LOG.COM YOU CAN WATCH HUNDREDS OF THE MOST INTERESTING, POPULAR AND FULL-LENGTH DOCUMENTARIES.
NO REGISTRATION OR ANYTHING ELSE IS NEEDED! VISIT US EVERY DAY TO WATCH FREE ONLINE DOCUMENTARIES!
Documentary Updates by Email
Week's Popular Documentaries
- Documentary List 25 views
- The Truth Behind The Moon Landings 5 views
- Phage, The Virus That Cures 3 views
- 10 MPH 3 views
- Kymatica 2 views
- Future Shock: Technology in the Next 1... 2 views
- Little People of Flores 2 views
- The Thin Blue Line 2 views
- Terry Jones’ Medieval Lives: The... 2 views
- Cosmic Journeys – How Large is t... 2 views
- Anthropology (24)
- Astronomy, Space (54)
- Biography (34)
- Biology, Environment (56)
- Business, Economy (20)
- Cosmology, Physics (54)
- Crime (14)
- Documentary News (9)
- Documentary Reviews (6)
- Documentary Trailers (13)
- Editor's Picks (15)
- From the Vault (8)
- Health (17)
- History (39)
- Lifestyle, Society (77)
- Mystery, Conspiracy (24)
- Nature (28)
- News (7)
- Politics (14)
- Psychology (33)
- Religion (21)
- Science, Technology (81)
- Sexuality (2)
- Future Shock: Technology in the Next 10 Years
- The Colour of Beauty
- How Smart Are Animals?
- Becoming 13
- Life in a Day
- TED Talk: Teenage-Women in Science
- TED: Jack Horner: Shape-Shifting Dinosaurs
- Cure for Love
- GANDHI’S CHILDREN
- NOVA: Life and Death in the War Zone
- NOVA: Secrets of the Parthenon
- BBC Unfinished
- A Class Divided by Jane Elliott
- The Perfect Vagina
This Film Is Not Yet Rated
A documentary on the Motion Picture Association of America’s rating system, this film talks on the different inconsistencies seen by filmmakers when it comes to ratings and feedback of films showin in Hollywood and its independent cinema in subjects like sexual content, homosexual relations, homosexual depictions and violence.
The documentary is also a discovery into the kind of demographics ratings board members have and how much of this influences how they view the movies they are supposed to be rating.
The documentary crew went on a sensitive undertaking and had a private investigator, Becky Altringer, talk to the film board’s members. What Kirby Dick has found out matters greatly to the industry, as it seemed the ratings board lacked the skills, knowledge, training and expertise to be sitting on the panel and judging each film.
Released in 2006, “This Film Is Not Yet Rated” is directed by Kirby Dick and produced by Eddie Schmidt. It was first shown at the Sundance Film Festival, to a great reception.
While critics were generally partial to the film, there were some who said that the documenatary was not researched thoroughly. Judge for yourself and watch if this does earn its merits.Published on October 29, 2008 · Filed under: Lifestyle, Society